The Culinary Experience tour let you explore Copenhagen on a food tour and learn about the Nordic country’s burgeoning cuisine and restaurant scene! Discover produce as fresh as the Scandinavian air and scout out the locals’ favorite eateries and market halls with an expert guide at your side.
- Walking distance: 4 km
- Duration: 3 ½ – 4 hour
- Number of individual tastings: 8-9 – Makes up for a whole meal
- Meeting Time: Monday-Saturday 10.30 | Sunday 11.00
- Meeting place: Torvehallerne Frederiksborggade 21, 1360 København K | check the map here
- Language: English or Danish ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- We can arrange vegetarian menus and take food allergies into account if notified beforehand. Please let us know in the commentary field while booking. We are not able to arrange a 100% vegan menu due to the variety of tasting locations.
We will start at Torvehallerne, the new covered market halls, where we will sample artisan cheese, developed in collaboration with the city’s Michelin-starred chefs. Try liquorice, caramels and preserves from some of the most interesting small producers.
We will explore the city, wander through Copenhagen Botanical Gardens and relaxing in the beautiful green surroundings. All that while talking about produce and local foods.
During our Culinary Experience Tour we will pass several of the city’s greatest landmarks and discuss its history. Food being always the focus.
Exclusive to this tour we will try the open sandwiches called smørrebrød as well as a microbrewery where we sample three different types of home-brewed beer.
The most classic and un-missable street food in Copenhagen is a hotdog, which we serve in an gourmet version.
Finally we will end at Torvehallerne again and you will have a chance to explore further on your own, not to mention do some shopping. So make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to explore the city and its food after the tour.
Tastings may vary according to season and supply.
Price: 850 DKK | Children age 3-12: 500 DKK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page