Christmas is a golden time for food lovers. It’s the season for feasting with friends and family. Denmark is famous for its heartwarming Christmas traditions. Here, food unites people.
On this special, seasonal, Christmas Food Tour tour you will be getting a feel for this lovely holiday – Danish-style. You will be tasting various samples of the treats we enjoy in this season, all while your guide tells you the endless tales, legends, and stories about our most important history.
- Walking distance: 1½ km
- Duration:2 hours and a bit
- Number of individual tastings: 5-6 – Makes up for a light meal
- Meeting Time: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 13.00. | Saturdays and Sundays at 11.00
- Meeting place: Torvehallerne Frederiksborggade 21, 1360 København K | check the map here
- Language: English or Danish ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- If you are a vegetarian or have any food allergies, please inform us upon booking.
It is NOT POSSIBLE to do a GLUTEN FREE version of this tour.
The Christmas food tour allows you to immerse yourself in the authentic Danish Christmas experience.
We explore the many christmas foods sold at Torvehallerne (the market halls) and then enjoy a lovely warm cup of Gløgg (mulled wine) as we walk to our main tasting of a classic warm Christmas dish.
You will also try the traditional Christmas beer, which is at the center off all true Danish Christmas traditions.
We finish up the tour where we started with the high light of the Christmas menu the risengrød or rice porridge in a bit of a new interpretation.
We also give you a small inspirational christmas present to take home.
The tastings make up a Christmas meal in miniature so you will still have room to enjoy the real thing, however, not until much later in the day.
Price: 600 DKK | Children age 3-12: 400 DKK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page