The West End Gourmet tour let you taste the modern nordic kitchen. Explore the West End and the old meatpacking district “Kødbyen”, the fastest developing foodie area in town. With this tour you will enjoy the new, fresh and young danish culinary scene. All that with the landscape of The old derelict factories, turned into the most interesting new restaurants in the city.
- Walking distance: 3 km
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of individual tastings: 7-8 – Makes up for a whole meal
- Meeting Time: Tuesday- Saturday 11.00
- Meeting place: Vesterbros Torv. Vesterbrogade 49 , 1620 København K | check the map here
- Language: English or Danish ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- While a vegetarian menu can be arranged the focus of the tour will be the meat. VEGAN tastings are NOT possible.
Vesterbro is where the Copenhageners go to see real life in all its many shapes.
We start our West End gourmet tour at Vesterbros Torv right in front of the church.. From here we will walk through the most interesting and coming up areas of Copenhagen. Including previously mentioned meatpacking district and vesterbro – a new center of Copenhagen’s cultural life. We will discuss their development, all the way from rough and rowdy origins of the area, to the current paradise for the young, the edgy and the artistic.
Along the way we will have various tastings that would make up for a full meal, so no need for a big feast beforehand. This will include 2 large open faced sandwiches called smørrebrod – a signature , a large home made pork croquette, akvavit, handmade gourmet chocolate, organic charcuterie and vegetables as well as number of surprises and of course beer from a local microbrewery.
Be aware that tastings may vary according to season and supply.
Price: 800 DKK | Children age 3-12: 500 DKK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page